The mission of the Centre for Applied Cryptographic Research is:
- To be an internationally recognized centre for research in
applied cryptography and related areas of information security.
- To facilitate industrial participation and collaboration in
leading-edge cryptographic research.
- To foster interdisciplinary collaboration between the
Combinatorics and Optimization (C&O), Computer Science (CS),
Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE), and Pure Mathematics
(PMath) departments within the University of Waterloo.
- To train students at the Masters and Phd levels.
- To provide a stimulating research environment for post-doctoral
- To host international researchers for visits of up to a year.
- To provide short courses to industrial partners.
- To provide industrial partners with access to various expertise at